These keto pork chops are hands-down one of my family’s favorite meals! The sauce is mayonnaise-based and somewhat reminiscent of a rich honey mustard sauce, yet made in a completely low carb way. In fact, each of these pork chops has just half a gram of net carbs.
Are pork chops good for a low carb diet?
The key to making any kind of low carb pork chop simply comes down to what you’re adding to the pork chops. As a whole piece of meat, pork chops are naturally free of carbs. But when they’re cooked with something like breading or with a brown sugar glaze, they easily end up with too many carbs for a keto diet.
However, you can make pork chops in several different ways that are keto-friendly. For example, a smothered pork chop with a cream-based sauce adds a lot of fat while maintaining a low carb meal.
In this case, I’m using a sauce that’s similar to a mixture of honey mustard and mayonnaise to coat the pork chops. But the key to this recipe is not using regular honey (which would obviously not be keto-friendly) but instead Lakanto golden sweetener. This makes for the perfect hint of sweetness to balance out the rich fat in the mayo and the vinegary grainy mustard.
How to make keto pork chops
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Grainy mustard
- Lakanto golden sweetener (or another low carb brown sugar replacement)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Bone-in pork chops
You’ll start by mixing together all the sauce ingredients – everything above except the oil and pork.
Then, you’ll sear your pork chops. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the pork for a few minutes per side. You want them to get a nice golden brown color on each side.
Next, put the pork chops in a baking dish and cover them in the sauce.
The last step is to simply bake these in the oven to finish fully cooking the pork. The specific time depends on the thickness and size of your pork chops, but generally, 20 to 25 minutes is enough. The best way to tell is to use a meat thermometer though; when the pork is 145 degrees it’s good to pull from the oven. Just let it rest a few minutes prior to serving.
These keto pork chops contain about 426 calories per serving with just 0.5 grams of net carbs. That gives you the flexibility to enjoy a big helping of non-starchy veggies on the side!
Here’s the percentage of calories from each macronutrient:
- 59% fat
- 37% protein
- 4% carbohydrate
Which part of the pork is best for keto?
Pork is known to be a good source of protein and fat. It also contains very low carbs which is very good
for the keto diet. Pork is a very versatile meat that’s paired with different sauces, soups, and salads. But which part is best to use for keto? The answer is all of the parts! Bacon, pork chops, tenderloin, and even the rinds can be eaten as part of your keto journey.
Can you make ahead and how to store?
Yes, you can make pork chops ahead of time! Transfer it in a container with a tight lid and store in the fridge. This will keep for about 3 to 4 days. Then when it’s time to reheat, transfer the pork chops in a baking tray and add a tablespoon of oil or butter, or 2 tablespoons of water or broth then heat in a 250 degrees F oven for 20 minutes.
Keto side dishes to serve with this recipe
Here are some delicious keto-friendly side dish ideas to serve with your meal:
- Shredded Zucchini and Feta Saute – This 5 ingredient shredded zucchini recipe is a healthy and easy side dish with 4 grams net carbs. It’s sautéed with garlic and dill and tossed with feta for delicious flavor. You can saute it as your pork is finishing in the oven.
- Keto Green Bean Casserole – This side dish is full of creamy, rich flavor – and packs in great veggies between the green beans and mushrooms. It’s cooked at the same temperature as the pork, so everything can bake in the oven together at the same time.
- Oven Roasted Radishes – Oven-roasted radishes are mellow, a little sweet, soft on the inside, yet crispy on the outside. They make an ideal side dish with these low carb pork chops. The recipe calls for roasting at 400 degrees, so I’d recommend starting to roast these while you’re pan-searing your pork. Then reduce the oven temp to cook the pork and finish off the roasting of the radishes. Just keep an eye on both to ensure proper cooking times!
- Frizzled Cabbage – This Frizzled Cabbage Recipe will make cabbage lovers out of everyone! Easy to make, the sautéing brings out the flavor and makes your cabbage oh so sweet. You can start this in your skillet once you transfer your pork to the casserole dish in the oven.
- Pesto Mashed Cauliflower – Flavorful pesto makes this keto mashed cauliflower a keeper…comfort food without all the carbs! You won’t even miss the “real” thing!
- Sauteed Asparagus with Butter and Parmesan – A quick & easy sauteed asparagus recipe with butter, garlic & shredded Parmesan cheese. In about 10 minutes or less, you’ll have a simple side dish made with real food ingredients to accompany any meal.
I hope you enjoy these low carb bone-in pork chops. This is one of those recipes you can make and serve for your whole family, or for visitors, and no one will ever guess it’s keto. If you get a chance to try it, I hope you’ll leave a recipe rating or comment below.
We hope you love these pork chops as much as we do – if so, please leave a recipe rating and a comment!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
Keto Pork Chops
Yummy Keto Cooking
These keto pork chops are pan-seared, then covered in a delicious low carb "honey mustard" sauce before being finished in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with a little oil.
Mix together the mayonnaise, grainy mustard, Lakanto golden sweetener, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside for now.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Place two pork chops in the pan at a time, searing on each side until browned, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining two pork chops.
Place the pork chops in the baking dish. Spoon the sauce mixture on top. Place in the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees.
Cuisine: American - Course: Main Course - Keywords: keto pork chops, low carb pork chops