Traditional salad dressings are typically high in fats, but ranch dressing tends to have a bad rep because it’s high in saturated fats. Lucky for you, you can sprinkle your favorite keto salad with our homemade keto ranch dressing sauce, enjoy this keto recipe without consuming unhealthy fats.
There are ways to turn a boring salad into something more exciting, like making a homemade dressing that goes well with vegetables. Here’s what you need to know about keto ranch.
Is ranch dressing keto?
Before we get into the recipe, let’s clarify whether or not shop bought ranch dressing is keto. The short answer is no. But, it can be if you make your own low-carb ranch dressing as it will allow you to have more control of what you’re eating and help eliminate unhealthy fat.
Ranch dressing is traditionally made with buttermilk. But for this recipe, I decided to use sour cream instead. My keto salad dressing is not dairy-free, but if you want to turn this low-carb ranch dressing into something else, you can do so. Simply swap the sour cream for coconut cream.
To make keto-friendly ranch dressing, you will need no more than nine ingredients, many being condiments. This is a sugar free ranch dressing you’ll love!
- ½ cup Mayonnaise (make it keto by trying our keto mayo recipe)
- ½ cup Sour cream
- ¼ Whipping cream or Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- ½ Garlic Powder
- ½ Onion Powder
- ¼ Paprika
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
How to make a keto ranch salad dressing
- Step 1: Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk them all together until you get a smooth consistency. If your mix is too thick, add a little bit of water until you get your desired texture.
- Step 2: Refrigerate your ranch for one to two hours before serving.
- Step 3: Refrigerate your ranch in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
MORE YUMMY KETO COOKING INFO TO READ AND RECIPES TO TRY!
We have 100+ keto breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack recipes to choose from.
We also have lots of useful Keto Diet information to discover and help you on your Keto journey.
All of our recipes or keto meal ideas are delicious, once you have tried them you’ll want to make them again and again. By mixing or swapping carb-heavy ingredients with a keto alternative, you can enjoy some of your favorite cuisines without feeling like you’re missing out.
- Keto Caramel Syrup Recipe – Sugar-Free
- Keto Mayonnaise Recipe
- Keto Taco Pie Recipe – Super Low-Carb
- New Keto Cheesecake Recipe Idea
- Keto Christmas Cookies Recipe
Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe
The best keto ranch dressing is a sugar-free ranch dressing that you can make in 5 minutes and sprinkle over your favorite veggies without any worries.
Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk them all together until you get a smooth consistency. If your mix is too thick, add a little bit of water until you get your desired texture.
Refrigerate your ranch for one to two hours before serving.
Cuisine: American - Course: Sauce - Keywords: keto, keto recipe, Ranch Dressing