Keto Pizza – Bacon Chicken Ranch Style!
This keto pizza recipe is the ultimate in low carb comfort food. A cheese-based crust piled up with ranch dressing, shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, and even more cheese. Yes, please!
How to make keto pizza
You might have thought pizza was off limits on the keto diet, but not with this recipe. Instead of using a high-carb flour-based crust, you’ll make a simple crust using the following ingredients:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese
- Almond flour
You’ll pop the mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese in the microwave.
It all melts together and gets nice and smooth, like this:
Then you’ll stir in the egg and almond flour. I personally find it easiest to just use my hands to knead everything together quickly.
You’ll spread the dough on a baking sheet, and pre-bake it for a few minutes without toppings. Then you can remove it, add your toppings, and finish baking!
In this case, I’m going with bacon chicken ranch pizza toppings. Here’s what you’ll need for those toppings:
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- More mozzarella cheese
Spread the ranch on the crust as your sauce. Then top it all off with the bacon, chicken, and mozzarella. SO easy and SO good!
- You’ll want to have precooked chicken on hand so that this recipe comes together quickly. I find it easiest to just grab a rotisserie chicken at the store to use on the days I make this recipe.
- If you want to cook chicken breast yourself the day of, you can definitely do so instead. You can put chicken breast in the slow cooker for a few hours until cooked and shred, or you can poach chicken breast in water or broth on the stovetop and then shred it. Or, you can grill the chicken until cooked and chop it up. Totally your choice!
- Be sure to use parchment paper on your baking sheet, otherwise I’ve had some issues with the crust sticking. I have also made this with a silicone baking mat, but I find it works best on parchment paper for getting the right texture.
- Speaking of texture, the pizza crust will not be quite as crisp as a normal flour-based pizza crust – but it will still have a good bite to it and taste amazing! (It should not be mushy, it’s just not going to be thin-crust style).
- Lastly – this tastes best after cooling for a few minutes right from the oven. But if you have leftovers, you can easily store it in the fridge and pop in the microwave to reheat for a meal within 4-5 days.
The meal has a good macronutrient breakdown for those of you following a keto diet. You’ll get 67.5 percent of calories from fat, 4.5 percent of calories from carbohydrate, and 28 percent of calories from protein.
There are only 5 grams of net carbs in one serving of this recipe.
Other keto pizza toppings:
I can’t get enough of this bacon chicken ranch pizza, but you can also just make the crust and use your other favorite toppings! Here are a few ideas for other combinations (keep in mind some may be a bit higher in carbs than others, but all should fall in line with being relatively low in net carbs):
- Tomato sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella
- Pesto, parmesan, mozzarella, and spinach
- Alfredo, broccoli, and chicken
- Keto-friendly BBQ sauce, chicken, red onion, and mozzarella
- Tomato sauce, ground beef, cheddar cheese, lettuce (like a cheeseburger)
- Blackberries, mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, and basil (sounds strange but delicious)
- Hot sauce, chicken, mozzarella or blue cheese
I hope you love this keto pizza as much as I do. If you get a chance to try it, be sure to leave a recipe rating or comment. Happy eating!
Bacon Chicken Ranch Keto Pizza
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided into 1 1/2 cups and 1/2 cup
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 5 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the shredded mozzarella cheese into a large microwave safe bowl along with the cream cheese. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well, then continue to microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each interval, until the cheeses are completely melted. Stir until smooth.
- Quickly stir in the egg and almond flour. Work it with your hands until the ingredients are well combined and it forms a nice ball of dough.
- Place the dough in the center of your lined baking sheet and use your hands to press it into a large rectangle.
- Pre-bake the pizza crust at 400F for 8-10 minutes, or until it just begins to brown slightly around the edges.
- Meanwhile, as the crust is cooking, place bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until it reaches your desired crispness. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels or a cooling rack. Once cool, crumble or chop into small pieces.
- When the crust has finished pre-baking, remove it from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Spread the ranch dressing evenly over the cooked pizza crust, then top with the shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, and remaining 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.