If you who want to eat healthily but don’t want to give up on the pleasure of taste, you will love this keto marinara sauce. Your search for the perfect low-carb, keto friendly marinara sauce can stop here because our recipe will leave you speechless.
Keto marinara sauce is a great choice if you want to reduce your carb intake while still being able to enjoy a wide variety of meals. My recipe will make your zucchini pasta or Bacon Chicken Ranch Keto Pizza alternatives taste spectacular. The keto tomato sauce is ready in less than 20 minutes, and the best thing about it all is that you will not have to worry about counting carbs.
Keto marinara sauce vs regular marinara
Marinara is a sauce that, at first glance, is not high in carbs. However, the problem with most marinaras is that they contain a lot of added sugar for taste enhancement. Although you might think that this applies only to ready-made sauces, most homemade recipes also require adding sugar.
Compared to keto marinara sauces, ready-made marinaras usually contain around 14 grams of sugar per 1 cup of product. This means that if you were to eat 1 cup of marinara sauce at a meal, you would add 14 grams of carbohydrates to your daily diet. By subtracting this from the daily recommendation of 50 grams of carbs, you would be left with only 36 grams of carbs available to eat that day. Doesn’t sound productive or healthy, does it?
My marinara sauce using Sugar Free Erythritol not only deserves its title of the lowest carb spaghetti sauce but is also full of flavor. As a plus, it’s also vegan. Check out the ingredients below!
Keto Marinara Sauce Ingredients
- Tomatoes - 1.75 pounds
- Onions - 1 medium-sized
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oregano - 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper - ¼ teaspoons
- Red pepper flakes - ¼ teaspoons
- Erythritol - 1 teaspoon (optional)
How To Make Keto Marinara - Step by step instructions
This keto pasta sauce is easy to make in only 4 steps, as follows:
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly and peel them to provide a smooth texture to the sauce.
- Once the tomatoes are ready, chop them and blend them in a blender until you get the desired consistency. Marinara is a smooth sauce but it all comes down to your preferences.
- Place the olive oil in a pan and heat it up. After you have cut the onions and the garlic, place them inside the pan and add oregano and black pepper. Adding Erythritol, salt, or pepper flakes is optional.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan and let it boil on low heat for about 10 minutes.
By swapping your regular pasta sauce with this keto spaghetti sauce, you will be able to enjoy Italian Keto Recipes without feeling guilty, while also enjoying the keto diet's health benefits. Some people like to prepare the keto marinara raw. While this too is a tasty alternative, I recommend serving it hot.
What are keto spaghetti alternatives
There are so many homemade keto pasta options:
- Vegetable noodles: This is the most common option as you can make them at home. Using a spiralizer, you can make vegetable from zucchini, carrots or pumpkin. They work great with this marinara sauce.
- Spaghetti squash: this is a very famous homemade low carb pasta alternative
- Cauliflower noodles: You can use cauliflower noodles made from grated cauliflower and with a low carbohydrate content.
- Egg noodles: These are also relatively easy to make at home, they are basically a thin omelet cut in long slices.
The other options are store-bought. These are my favorite:
- Hearth of palm noodles: great keto noodles, very low in carbs and also gluten free
- Konjac/ Shirataki noodles: best for Asian dishes
How to store this delicious keto tomato sauce
This sauce stores very well in the fridge. Let the sauce cool completely to room temperature then transfer it to an airtight container with a lid, I love using mason jars for this. Place the container in the firdge, it will keep well for up to 1 week. Alternatively, you can freeze the sauce for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use the sauce, thaw it in the refrigerator or microwave before reheating.
How to use a keto marinara sauce?
This low carb marinara tomato sauce can be used in so many dishes:
- Pasta: Keto marinara sauce can be used as a topping for spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.
- Pizza: Use keto marinara sauce as a topping for a cauliflower crust pizza.
- Meatballs: Mix keto marinara sauce into ground meat before shaping into meatballs. Bake or pan-fry the meatballs until cooked through.
- Casseroles: Use keto marinara sauce in lasagna or eggplant parmesan.
- Sandwiches: Spread keto marinara sauce on a low-carb bun or bread for a flavorful sandwich.
- Vegetables: Use keto marinara sauce as a dipping sauce for roasted vegetables or as a topping for baked eggplant or zucchini.
MORE YUMMY KETO COOKING INFO TO READ AND RECIPES TO TRY!
- Fried Keto Foods that you can Make with an Air Fryer
- Low Carb Keto Granola Recipe
- Keto Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- Keto & Cheese – What Cheese is Low Carb
- Keto Blackberry Muffins Recipe
SHARE: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE KETO SAUCE IDEA OR KETO SAUCE RECIPE? IF YOU TRIED THIS KETO MARINARA SAUCE RECIPE, WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Keto Marinara Sauce Recipe
My keto marinara sauce is exactly what you need. It's super easy keto friendly sauce to make and will be done in no time.
Wash the tomatoes thoroughly and peel them to provide a smooth texture to the sauce.
Once the tomatoes are ready, chop them and blend them in a blender until you get the desired consistency. Marinara is a smooth sauce but it all comes down to your preferences.
Place the olive oil in a pan and heat it up. After you have cut the onions and the garlic, place them inside the pan and add oregano and black pepper. Adding Erythritol, salt, or pepper flakes is optional.
Add the tomato sauce to the pan and let it boil on low heat for about 10 minutes.
Cuisine: American - Course: Sauce - Keywords: Keto Marinara Sauce