If you are anything like me, donuts are one of your feel-good foods that is just hard to resist? Despite its sweet taste, we can’t ignore that they are very unhealthy. However, our keto donuts are the perfect healthy substitute for your sweet cravings. Here is a sugar-free donut recipe that you’ll love!
What are low-carb donuts?
Keto donuts are made using low-carb ingredients to follow the characteristics of a keto diet, including almond flour which is a good keto substitute for regular flour. Though they are made with keto-friendly ingredients, my sugar-free donuts are rich in taste and texture yet are significantly low in carbs. My almond flour donuts are super easy to use, and you can alter it by swapping almond flour to coconut flour or both.
How to make almond flour donuts
With our low-carb keto donut recipe, you can make incredible keto donuts that are just as yummy as traditional donuts. You get to satisfy your sweet cravings without compromising your health. What more is there to ask!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk/ almond milk/ cashew milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar-free sweetener – Erythritol
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Add the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir them together.
- Take a small bowl and whisk the milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the large bowl and whisk both mixtures together until they are evenly blended.
- Take the donut pan and grease it well with some butter or oil.
- Transfer the batter into a ziplock bag and cut one of its sides to pour them evenly into the donut cavity pan. You can also use a spoon or ladle to pour the batter. Make sure to fill at least ¾ of the cavities.
- Bake the donuts for about 20-30 minutes until they are golden brown and easy to remove from the pan.
- Take them out of the molds when cooled down and sprinkle or glaze them with sweetener and cinnamon mixture. Enjoy your perfectly baked flavourful yummy keto donuts!
What are keto donuts like?
At home, we cant get over how delicious these these low carb donuts taste, we don’t feel guilty as we have made them ourselves and we know they are low carb.
This recipe can also be modified or adjusted to make keto mini donuts and for a different flavor, add some cinnamon to create keto cinnamon donuts.
MORE YUMMY KETO COOKING INFO TO READ AND RECIPES TO TRY!
We have 100+ keto breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack recipes to choose from.
We also have lots of useful Keto Diet information to discover and help you on your Keto journey.
All of our recipes or keto meal ideas are delicious, once you have tried them you’ll want to make them again and again. By mixing or swapping carb-heavy ingredients with a keto alternative, you can enjoy some of your favorite cuisines without feeling like you’re missing out.
- Keto Cornbread – Homemade Recipe
- Low Carb Keto Granola Recipe
- The Complete Guide to What is Keto Coffee?
- Keto Charcuterie Board
- Keto Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Here is a sugar free donut recipe to make delicious and sweet keto donuts in less than an hour.
Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
Add the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir them together.
Take a small bowl and whisk the milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract together.
Pour the wet mixture into the large bowl and whisk both mixtures together until they are evenly blended.
Take the cavity donut pan and grease it well with oil.
Transfer the batter into a ziplock bag and cut one of its sides to pour them evenly into the donut cavity pan. You can also use a spoon or ladle to pour the batter. Make sure to fill at least ¾ of the cavities.
Take them out of the molds when cooled down and sprinkle or glaze them with sweetener and cinnamon mixture. Enjoy your perfectly baked flavourful yummy donuts!
Cuisine: American - Course: Dessert - Keywords: homemade, keto dessert, keto diet, keto donuts, keto recipe, keto treat, low carb, yummy keto cooking