Our Favorite Keto Cornbread Recipe
Cornbread – a traditional Southern dish – is a common sight on a dining table on Thanksgiving. It’s also considered soul food, alongside hearty meals like macaroni & cheese, candied yams, and fried fish. But despite being a feel-good dish, cornbread isn’t the most keto-friendly food out there. Find out how you can turn this classic meal into a low-carb option with our amazing keto cornbread recipe.
If you’ve grown up eating cornbread, then chances are it’s been a staple in your household. And who can blame you? The lightly sweet flavor enhanced by the somewhat grainy texture has been a part of my life since forever. But eating it regularly was never the best thing to do as it’s high in carbs and can spike blood sugar levels. That’s why I was ecstatic when I realized I could continue to enjoy cornbread by making a few adjustments. Honestly, this low-carb alternative is to die for!
What is cornbread?
Cornbread is bread made from cornmeal. It has its origins in Native American cuisine, as they used corn to prepare various meals. Nowadays, cornbread is eaten by people across the country.
Can I make this dairy-free?
Yes! Just swap the butter for plant-based butter and you’re ready to go.
How to make keto cornbread
Our low-carb cornbread is easy to follow, and the result will be a delicious dish that resembles and tastes like traditional cornbread but has zero corn. Does it get any better?
How to make no corn keto cornbread
- 2-2 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 3 large Eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Sweetener
- 1/2 tbsp Cornbread extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 10" cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: almond flour, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Melt the butter and add it to the mix together with the cream, eggs, and corn sweetener. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a skillet and bake for 25 minutes. Cool before cutting and serving.
MORE YUMMY KETO COOKING INFORMATION TO READ AND RECIPES TO TRY
We also have 70+ keto breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack recipes to choose from. Yummy Keto Cooking – Keto Recipes
All of our recipes or keto meal ideas are delicious, once you have tried them you’ll want to make them again and again. By mixing or swapping carb-heavy ingredients with a keto alternative, you can enjoy some of your favorite cuisines without feeling like you’re missing out.
- Five Guys Inspired Keto Cheeseburger Recipe
- How To Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam Recipe
- Almond Flour Chaffle – Simple Keto Chaffle Recipe
SHARE: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE KETO CORNBREAD RECIPE? IF YOU GOT A CHANCE TO MAKE THIS KETO CORNBREAD RECIPE, WHAT’D YOU THINK?