Have you ever woken in the morning craving something sweet to have with your morning coffee, but you can’t eat most pastries because they are not part of your keto diet? Then I have a solution for you – keto blueberry muffins.
Technically, you should avoid pastries if you are on a keto diet as they have no nutritional benefit, and the high sugar content leaves you hungry in a few hours. But if you manage to make your treats keto-friendly, you’ll find that there are endless opportunities.
These low-carb blueberry muffins fit perfectly into your keto diet, and I call it the sweet spot between carbs and fat. Our low-carb blueberry muffin recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and is a healthier version of traditional muffins. Since these are blueberry muffins made with almond flour, they don’t contain any added sugars.
Before I teach you how to make these yummy almond flour muffins, let me tell you some of the benefits of these treats. These low-carb blueberry muffins contain fiber, vitamin B6, antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium. Ready to make the best keto blueberry muffins? Let’s get to it.
How to make keto blueberry muffins
- 1 1/2cup of almond flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of almond milk (you can also use other plant-based milk)
- ¼ cup of sugar-free sweetener (preferably Erythritol)
- ¼ of melted butter
- 5/8 cup (70 grams) of fresh blueberries
- 15-20 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
Now that you have all your ingredients together, we can start baking blueberry keto muffins.
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees (176 degrees Celsius) and grease the muffin tin properly.
- Melt the butter in a large mixing bowl, you can do this in a microwave or on the stove.
- At this point, you can add the other ingredients except for the blueberries. As you combine, use the hand mixer to whisk until you get a uniform consistency. Make sure the mixture doesn’t have clumps.
- Add the blueberries into the bowl of ingredients and mix well.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the muffin cups and bake them for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Can I use frozen blueberries for this recipe?
In this recipe, I used fresh blueberries, but you can also use frozen blueberries. Just remember not to thaw berries first else the muffins will turn out too soggy.
How can I store keto muffins made with almond flour?
These muffins are made with fresh blueberries and I didn’t add any preservatives, so they won’t last too long. Store them in airtight containers or zip lock bags for up to 5 days.
MORE YUMMY KETO COOKING INFO TO READ AND RECIPES TO TRY!
We have 100+ keto breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack recipes to choose from.
We also have lots of useful Keto Diet information to discover and help you on your Keto journey.
All of our recipes or keto meal ideas are delicious, once you have tried them you’ll want to make them again and again. By mixing or swapping carb-heavy ingredients with a keto alternative, you can enjoy some of your favorite cuisines without feeling like you’re missing out.
- Keto Hot Chocolate – Homemade Recipe
- Low Carb Keto Lunch Recipes
- Five Guys Inspired Keto Cheeseburger Recipe
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Is Spaghetti Squash Keto
Keto Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Here is a keto muffin recipe that you'll love. The low carb muffins are a great treat that you can refrigerate for up to 5 days!
Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees (176 degrees Celsius) and grease the muffin tin properly.
Melt the butter in a large mixing bowl, you can do this in a microwave or on the stove.
At this point, you can add the other ingredients except for the blueberries. As you combine, use the hand mixer to whisk until you get a uniform consistency. Make sure the mixture doesn't have clumps.
Add the blueberries into the bowl of ingredients and mix well.
Evenly distribute the mixture into the muffin cups and bake them for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Cuisine: American - Course: Dessert - Keywords: Blueberries, dessert, keto, keto dessert, keto diet, keto treat, muffins, recipe, treat