Keto Mayonnaise Recipe
Mayonnaise is one of those condiments like our classic Smoky Keto Homemade BBQ Sauce that’s either a hit or miss, as some people love it while others don’t. The sauce is a high-fat food packed with calories, yet can still be enjoyed if you consume it moderately. However, the best thing you can do is to make your own keto mayo!
Have you wished that you could satisfy your love for mayo without feeling guilty? Well, today is your day! Take control of your food intake by making this delicious keto mayonnaise, a low-carb mayo that won’t ruin your diet.
If you are new to the keto diet then head over to our blog post, A Beginners Guide To The Keto Diet. In this blog, you will find out how to eat, drink and live in a keto world.
Regular mayo vs. homemade keto mayo
Standard mayo is one of the highest calorie condiments out there, but it can also contain a lot of fat, which is suitable on a keto diet, and sodium. According to the United States Department of Agriculture, one tbsp (14 g) of popular mayonnaise brand Hellman’s Real contains 11 g of fat, 95.1 mg of salt. Our sugar-free mayonnaise has 23 g of fat and ¼ tbsp of salt, making it keto-friendly.
Keto mayonnaise recipe
You’re going to love our homemade sugar-free mayo! Not only is it light and fluffy, but it also has an amazing taste that resembles regular mayonnaise. One of the best things about this keto mayo recipe is its versatility. You can choose to make a standard version or spice it up by adding additional spices of your choice, such as spicy or even jerk-flavored mayo.
How to make keto mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice ( you can also use 1tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- 1-2 cups of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1-2 tbsp salt (add more according to your preference)
Immersion blender or a or food processor
A jar to place the mayonnaise
Step 1. Add all the ingredients except the oil in the blender.
Step 2. Add a little bit of oil to the blender and continue to add more as you go until you get a desired thick yet soft consistency.
Step 3. Once you’re happy with the outcome, pour the mix into a bowl and stir it for a few seconds using a spoon. Afterwards, place your paste in a jar and store it in the fridge for up to a week
- If you want your mayonnaise to have a kick, consider adding black pepper to your mix.
- Avoid using extra virgin oil as it’s too strong for mayonnaise. Instead, go for light olive oil or avocado oil.
- If you find your mix to be too thick, add a few drops of water to lose it. Just remember to add small amounts at a time to avoid making it too runny. Use a spatula or spoon and stir well.
Homemade keto mayo
- Immersion blender or a or food processor.
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice You can also use 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups Olive oil or avocado oil
- 1-2 tbsp Salt Add more according to your preference
- Step 1. Add all the ingredients except the oil in the blender.
- Step 2. Add a little bit of oil to the blender and continue to add more as you go until you get a desired thick yet soft consistency.
- Step 3. Once you’re happy with the outcome, pour the mix into a bowl and stir it for a few seconds using a spoon. Place your paste in a jar and store it in the fridge for up to a week.
MORE YUMMY KETO COOKING CONDIMENT RECIPES TO TRY
We have 70+ keto breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack recipes to choose from.
All of our recipes or keto meal ideas are delicious, once you have tried them you’ll want to make them again and again. By mixing or swapping carb-heavy ingredients with a keto alternative, you can enjoy some of your favorite cuisines without feeling like you’re missing out.
- Are Brussel Sprouts Recipes Keto Friendly?
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Is Worcestershire Sauce Keto Friendly?