They are low carb and a great source of antioxidants and minerals are some of the many things that make brussel sprouts good for keto and a great vegetable to have in the house. The sprouts are a part of the cruciferous vegetable family alongside broccoli, kale, cabbage and radish. Read on to learn more about keto brussel sprouts.
Are you looking to prepare a feast and are running out of ideas? Or perhaps you’re a vegetarian interested in playing around in the kitchen. Whatever your reason may be, you too can incorporate fiber rich foods into your everyday life.
Are Brussels Sprouts Keto?
Yes! Believe it or not, but you can enjoy, and eat brussel sprouts on a keto diet. Brussel Sprouts are high in fiber and this amazing vegetable helps to slow down the absorption of sugar, which prevents the body from producing insulin. However, while you can eat the incredibly healthy vegetable on its own, many recipes require you to add cream and butter. Be mindful of your portions to ensure that you don’t go over your daily micronutrients.
What are the Health Benefits of Brussel Sprouts?
- It’s rich in protective antioxidants.A study shows that brussel sprouts may help lower the risk of chronic diseases.
- It’s high in nutrients, containing a high level of vitamin C, which aids in tissue repair. It’s also an incredible source of vitamin K, a nutrient responsible for preventing blood clotting.
- It can decrease the risk of cancer. According to a 2008 study, consuming brussel sprouts may help eliminate possible cancer-causing cells.
- The vegetable boosts a healthy digestion system as it is high in fiber.
- Studies have shown that brussel sprouts may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes thanks to the fibers that help maintain a balanced blood sugar level.
How to cook brussel sprouts: 7 Keto brussel sprout recipe ideas
On the hunt for a keto brussel sprouts recipe? Worry not! This vegetable is incredibly adaptable, which allows you to prepare endless dishes using sprouts as a base.
1. Keto brussel sprouts with bacon from Cafe Delites
This creamy keto garlic parmesan dish has tons of flavors and will make you fall in love with the recipe. Using less than ten ingredients, you will have an amazing meal ready in just 40 minutes. She uses grated mozzarella and parmesan for this recipe, but you can easily swap it for a different cheese if you wish.
2. Keto brussel sprout casserole fromPrimavera Kitchen
A casserole is such an ideal dish to make as it doesn’t keep you in front of the stove for ages. All you have to do is mix the six ingredients, including heavy cream and cream cheese and bake it in the oven for less than 30 minutes. What’s not to love about it?
3. Keto garlic butter brussel sprouts from Better than Bread Keto
Enhance the taste of your brussel sprout by adding butter and garlic to the mix. At four grams net carbs per cup, this low carb and gluten-free is a top pick for anyone looking to enjoy a healthy and delicious meal cooked in a non-stick skillet.
4. Crispy Keto Brussel Sprouts with Bacon from Keto in Pearls
You need to try these oven-baked brussel sprouts paired with bacon and mixed with balsamic vinegar, avocado oil, salt, and pepper, and it might become your new favorite dish. You can even store the dairy-free meal for up to a week to enjoy it at another time.
5. Roasted brussel sprouts from Life Made Sweeter
Have you ever tried roasted brussel sprouts? This low-carb keto dish is flavorful and has a taste that is enhanced by the crispy edges. The oven-baked meal is suitable for any occasion, but more so Thanksgiving thanks to its caramelized taste. After baking the meal, sprinkle sea salt or any other condiments of your choice.
6. Smashed brussel sprouts from Little Pine Kitchen
This smashed brussel sprouts recipe is a great substitute for cauliflower – another versatile and keto-friendly vegetable. Small the sprouts with a wide object ( bowl or glass) after steaming them to soften the texture. Enjoy it as a side dish or have a larger portion as a main.
7. BAGEL SEASONED BRUSSEL SPROUTS from How to This and That
These breaded keto brussel sprouts are made in an air fryer, which creates a crispy texture that you’ll love. You can either roast them or use an air fryer to get the desired tenderness. The recipe is amazing but isn’t nut-friendly as it contains crushed almonds and parmesan cheese.
MORE YUMMY KETO COOKING INFO TO READ AND RECIPES TO TRY!
We have 70+ keto breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and snack recipes to choose from.
We also have lots of useful Keto Diet information to discover and help you on your Keto journey.
All of our recipes or keto meal ideas are delicious, once you have tried them you’ll want to make them again and again. By mixing or swapping carb-heavy ingredients with a keto alternative, you can enjoy some of your favorite cuisines without feeling like you’re missing out.
- How To Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam Recipe
- Low Carb Keto Granola Recipe
- Is Whipped Cream Keto Friendly?
- Is Worcestershire Sauce Keto Friendly?
- Is Tofu Keto Friendly?
SHARE: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BRUSSEL SPROUT KETO RECIPE? IF YOU GOT A CHANCE TO MAKE ONE OF THESE, WHAT’D YOU THINK?